Certifications / Registrations / Memberships
We are involved with many of the industry’s top certifications, registrations and memberships. That means your products are built to strict, globally recognized standards. Internal and external audits are routinely completed, ensuring we achieve these standards.
- ISO 9001 Certified (View Cert)
- ISO 13485 Medical Device Quality Management System(View Cert)
- J-STD-001 CIT’s (two in-house certified IPC Trainers)
- J-STD-001 CIS workforce (all employees certified as IPC specialists)
- J-STD-001 Space Addendum CITs and CIS (NASA-accepted certification)
- All VR products certified to be in compliance with J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610, or as contractually agreed to. J-STD-001 is the industry standard adopted by the US DOD.
- The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Department of State responsibility for the control of the permanent and temporary export and temporary import of defense articles and services is governed primarily by 22 U.S.C. 2778 of the Arms Export Control Act (“AECA”; see the AECA Web page) and Executive Order 11958, as amended.
- UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in sustainability, renewable energy and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitating trade and providing peace of mind.
- Owners or operators of places of business (also called establishments or facilities) that are involved in the production and distribution of medical devices intended for use in the U.S. are required to register annually with the FDA. This process is known as establishment registration.
- National Quality Assurance, USA, is one of the largest and most respected ISO registrars in the world, providing companies and government organizations a single certification resource for management system registration, process and product compliance services and support. Their global presence and resources (over 26,000 clients in over 75 countries) ensures that we can support needs through our numerous ISO registrations wherever your business takes you. From the aerospace industry with AS9100 or AS9120 registrations to food safety standards with ISO 22000, you can be confident that your registration with NQA will provide you with an edge over your competition.
- This is the term used to describe the European Union (EU) Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment which took effect on July 1, 2006. As an Electronic Contract Manufacturer, this affects VR. Visit our RoHS Compliance page for more.
- Government-Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP) is a cooperative activity between government and industry participants seeking to reduce or eliminate expenditures of resources by sharing technical information essential during research, design, development, production and operational phases of the lifecycle of systems, facilities and equipment.
Quality isn’t just a priority for us— we’ve built it into our processes.
Through continuous improvement and the implementation of our independently designed Zero Defect program, we’ve significantly reduced inspection times and costs for customers.
We deploy IPC-a-610 certified operators and state-of-the-art Automated Optical Inspection systems to offer incoming, in-process and final inspection processes. We also offer component, product and final system burn-in and testing solutions to ensure the highest levels of quality are achieved.
- Ensures correct placement of all SMT components
- Precise and consistent automated solder inspection
- Performed on all SMT placement machines
- BGA reflow inspection
- 3D x-ray rendering inspection
- ESD damage detection
- Ideal for final inspection applications where a large field of view is required for the highest levels of quality assurance
Counterfeit Component Verification
The sale of and resulting use of counterfeit components is a growing problem in our industry. It’s no secret that this issue is escalating.
Detection is crucial for use avoidance. We supplement common industry methods for counterfeit component detection (visual examination, electrical testing) by leveraging our expertise in supply chain to identify trustworthy vendors and sources. Additionally, we can inspect with high-resolution x-ray inspection to further confirm the integrity of the components used to manufacture your product.
- Packaging Verification
- Lead Verification
- Symbolization Verification
- Performance Verification
- Comparison of “Suspect” Component(s) to a Genuine “Good” Component
Counterfeit Component Avoidance
Supplier management is becoming a more demanding discipline that our customers face. Many have turned to our industry-leading supply chain offering to solve these issues and mitigate risk. We source, purchase, inspect, handle, store and safeguard the materials that define the success of your program. The best materials, procured from approved franchised distributors or their OCM/OEM (original component/equipment manufacturers), are used so that we start your project with new, high-quality materials.